- Image rendition helps to display the image with a different height and width of the same image on different pages in a publishing site.
- When you create an image rendition, you specify the width and/or height for all the images, which uses the image rendition.
- Image renditions are available for all the images upload into Sharepoint libraries.
Prerequisites for image renditions
Now, let’s go and see how to enable cache settings for a Web Application
Open IIS Manager.
Navigate to IIS Web site -> Click Explore
Open Web.config file.
Find the line given beelow.
- <BlobCache location=“C:\BlobCache\14” path=“\.(gif|jpg|jpeg|jpe|jfif|bmp|dib|tif|tiff|themedbmp|themedcss|themedgif|themedjpg|themedpng|ico|png|wdp|hdp|css|js|asf|avi|flv|m4v|mov|mp3|mp4|mpeg|mpg|rm|rmvb|wma|wmv|ogg|ogv|oga|webm|xap)$” maxSize=“10” enabled=“false” />
Set Enable = “True”
- <BlobCache location=“C:\BlobCache\14” path=“\.(gif|jpg|jpeg|jpe|jfif|bmp|dib|tif|tiff|themedbmp|themedcss|themedgif|themedjpg|themedpng|ico|png|wdp|hdp|css|js|asf|avi|flv|m4v|mov|mp3|mp4|mpeg|mpg|rm|rmvb|wma|wmv|ogg|ogv|oga|webm|xap)$” maxSize=“10” enabled=“true” />
Now, the cache settings is successfully enabled under the Web Application.
Publishing Site Collection/ publishing feature enabled site
First step is to create a publishing Site Collection.
After successful creation of publishing Site Collection, enable Sharepoint publishing features under Site Collection features and manage Site Collection feature.
Asset library is useful to stor riche media assets. For example; these are images, videos and audio files
On site settings -> Click Add an app -> Pick Asset library template app.
Next step is to let’s go and create image rendition.
Open site settings -> Under look and feel -> click Image rendition
Provide the width and height of image rendition.
Thus, the Image rendition has been created successfully.
“logo” has been successfully created.
Edit Image rendition
Click Edit icon.
Change the given width and height of the created rendition and click Save.
Now, the image rendition has been edited successfully.
Let’s go and upload a sample image into asset library and pick the rendition.
After successful upload of an image -> click Edit renditions.
Thus, rendition has been created successfully to upload an image automatically
You can also crop the image, using click to change the option given below.
Crop it and click Save.
In the ribbon tab also, you can edit rendition option while selecting the image.
Next step is how to use image rendition in SharePoint page
Click Site action gear icon -> Add page.
On the page content, click on the top ribbon to insert picture from the options given below.
On the Image tab -> Pick Rendition.
Click Save -> Publish.
As of now, you are able to use the same image with different height and width on different pages, using this feature.
How to use image rendition on image tag
<img src=” /sites/imr/PublishingImages/17457619_1377913145602400_6065847167570624938_n.jpg?RenditionID=5” />